I recently freshened up the decor in my bedroom in preparation for the holiday season, and I was inspired to create a little video for you with tons of inspiration for your own pretty bedroom decor. In this vlog, I’ve laid out 5 Tips For A Perfect Bedroom. Enjoy!
Hey y’all! I’m not Southern, but I still like to say that! 🙂 Especially because…It’s FALL, y’all! 🙂
I’ve been getting my craft on up in here in a big, big way. I’m decorating my house with lots of cool DIY’s, and I’m starting to make a lot of handmade Christmas presents in preparation for the holidays.
Well, I’m sort of in love with my latest DIY, and I wanted to share it with you, so you can make it!
Here’s a sneak peak into my Fall home for 2016. Be sure to watch the video for decor inspiration, and subscribe to my YouTube channel! 🙂
This is the first year that I’ve decorated THIS MUCH for Fall, but I’m really loving it! I was really inspired this year by Pinterest! I’m loving the coziness of our home with candles lit, while sipping Pumpkin Spice Latte, and snuggling under a cozy throw.
This year I’ve done a ton of DIY projects that have been really budget friendly. You’ll see a few of those in my home tour video. I’ve also been loving Dollar Tree as my go-to Fall decor store!
Comment below and let me know what you’ve been doing to get cozy for Fall! 🙂
My boys LOVE looking at all things Fall, and pictures of pumpkins. So, I made this little video for them, and I thought I’d share for those of you who have pumpkin-obsessed kiddos, too! Enjoy! 🙂
Happy Fall, y’all!
When it comes to household products and cleaning supplies, I’m usually pretty frugal. I try to use multi-purpose cleaning products, like good old bleach, that are cheap and do the trick. I also try to usually stick to generic brands. However, I’ve come to REALLY love these 5 products for their quality and value. You’ll notice that I MAY have a slight obsession with lavender. I LOVE LAVENDER. It instantly relaxes me. 🙂
Here are 5 items that I just can’t live without! 🙂
Magic Erasers – Where have these little magical sponges been all my life? I used my first Magic Eraser just one year ago on some stubborn shower stains that I couldn’t even get rid of with bleach! With a light scrub, the stains immediately disappeared and I was instantly in love. I really like it that there are now less expensive, store brand versions of Magic Erasers that work just as well.
Lavender Febreeze – Sometimes I clean my house…and sometimes I just turn the lights down low, spray everything with Febreeze, and pour a glass of wine. With 3 sons, a fisherman hubby, and 2 dogs… I should probably buy stock in Febreeze. I love it. It works wonders in our Casa!
Downy Infusions Lavender Liquid Fabric Softener – Do you want your laundry to smell like Heaven and rainbows and happiness, even after sitting folded in the closet for 2 months? Yes? Ok, I thought so. Then try this fabric softener. It is domestic bliss in a bottle. I LOVE IT!
Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soaps – For every season, there is a delightfully-scented Bath & Body Works soap, in a gorgeous pump bottle. Just looking at the pretty scenes on these soap bottles makes me happy. Smelling them makes me even happier! Oh, and the price…makes me triple happy. They’re on sale at the beginning of every season, and B&BW has amazing coupons, to boot, so their hand soaps are super affordable!
Lavender Essential Oil – I use this to freshen up bed linens and towels, as a health and wellness aid, in the bath for added relaxation, and mixed into an ointment for irritated skin and baby bottoms. My favorite thing to use it for, though, is at bed time. I’ll dab it behind my ears and on my pillow case, and drift into sweet dreams. I’m not very brand loyal with my essential oils, but I do make sure to ALWAYS buy 100% pure oils from trusted sources.
This is a delicious, light & fresh recipe that is super easy on your wallet!
We use fresh-caught fish that we score on our fishing outings, but when we don’t have that, I like to use Tilapia. I know Tilapia gets a bad rap, but I really do feel it’s a healthy option. It’s low in Mercury, high in protein, and very budget-friendly.
- 4 Fish filets. I like Tilapia or any flakey white lake fish.
- 8 Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 can beer
- ¾ Cup Flour
- Lots of spices, about ½ tsp of each: cumin, chili powder, garlic (lots of garlic!), salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, onion powder.
- Mix well batter ingredients well.
- Thaw fish (if frozen) & dry on a papertowel.
- Dip in batter and fry in hot oil until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Set on papertowel to remove excess oil.
- Break fish up into bite sized pieces.
- Add to tortillas and top with desired fix ‘ins.
To view an entire week of frugal recipes, meal plan, and shopping list, CLICK HERE! 🙂
Oh, hello Monday. You’re back.
Did everybody have a great weekend and a fabulous Mother’s Day? I hope you were all loved and pampered!
I literally can barely form sentences as I write this, I’m that tired! It’s been a jam-packed weekend (and I’m still getting over a cold).
We have a “new to us but still quite old” pontoon boat this Summer, so with the lovely weather, our weekend was all about “testing the waters”…literally. We got our boat all set up at it’s new Summer location on the dock, and took it out a lot to get the hang of things. Plus fishing… LOTS OF FISHING! It was pretty glorious! But, the weekend FLEW BY. Lots of smiles and laughs and time with family and friends. Can you say, BLESSED?! 🙂
What was YOUR favorite part of Mother’s Day weekend? Share with me! 🙂
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”
Nothing beats the flavor and crunch of homemade coleslaw! This side dish is an All American classic you can enjoy this Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, or anytime!
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar or to taste
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage, about ½ of a large cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- Combine vinegar, sugar, Dijon, salt & pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Add cabbage and carrots, allow to marinate together 1 hour or longer in the refrigerator.
- May be kept for a week without loss of quality.
Recipe courtesy Paulding & Company.
Cutting my hair was a decision I made after an entire year of contemplation, and it’s not something I did on a whim. I waited until I was truly ready, had weighed all the pros and cons, consulted with my stylist, and knew what I was really getting myself into.
Here are 6 reasons why I took the plunge, and went for a cute crop.
1. Because I’ve been thinking about it for years, but couldn’t get brave. I finally decided, “WHY NOT? The timing was perfect. I stay home with kids, so if I hated it, I had plenty of time to grow it out without many people seeing me looking too terrible. But I knew I wouldn’t hate it. 🙂
2. Because I didn’t want anything holding me back and getting in my way. Chopping my locks was the ultimate freedom. Between kids, hobbies, and all my home-based businesses (my blogs, my upcylce business, my Zazzle store, and more) I am seriously BUSY, and could no longer afford the time to spend on my hair. It got in my way, both literally and figuratively. Cutting it has given me more time to spend on the things that are important to me.
3. Because my husband loves short hair. Not that everything I do is his way, or merely to please him! I definitely have a mind of my own, but I’m lucky that my husband doesn’t love long hair, and I didn’t have to face the possibility of him not liking it afterwards. I knew he’d like my hair either way, long or short, so it made me feel more comfortable with my decision.
4. Because short hair is cute, and can be really sexy! I feel like short hair comes with a sophisticated, trendy look, and LOADS of confidence. I was inspired by the chic short styles of the classic Halle Berry, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, and Ginnifer Goodwin.
5. Because my medium length brown hair wasn’t doing anything for me. It didn’t look good, it wasn’t making a statement, it didn’t say anything about me at all. If it’s just “blah,” why keep it? Go big or go home!
And, because 5 reasons just isn’t enough…
6. Because I’m not 18 anymore. Or even 25. Or even 30. I am almost 40, and I’m comfortable in my own skin. I don’t need to hold myself up to anyone else’s standards of beauty, or to compare my short ‘do to anyone’s long flowing locks. I chopped my hair because it’s what worked for the life I live now, and it’s something I wanted to do, and I finally had the guts to just do it. I’m so happy with the results, and I’ve never looked back! 🙂
Check out my before and after! 🙂