This recipe is a specialty of my mother-in-law, who’s been making these since my hubby was just a little boy. They’re not exactly a burger, or a pizza…but they’re really yummy!
I save money by purchasing the 4 ingredients for this at Aldi.
A serving is 2 halves, at just 69 cents per serving for both! Very budget-friendly! And kids love these!
Do not be afraid of “SPAM”! It’s actually really good! 🙂
- 6 English Muffins, sliced in half
- 1 can canned luncheon meat (it's like SPAM, but from Aldi)
- 1 can chili without beans
- 1 cup cubed boxed cheese (like boxed Velveeta, only the Aldi brand)
- With a potato masher, or a meat grinder if you have one, mash the meat, chili, and cheese until it is mixed very well into a uniform mixture.
- Top open-face English muffins halves with mixture.
- Broil on LOW until mixture in melted, bubbly, and golden brown. Be careful not to let it burn!
- Each person get 2 halves.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
CLICK HERE to see the rest of the recipes from this week’s frugal meal plan