If you like my frugal food tips, you’ll LOVE my Ebook! 1 Month of Dirt Cheap Dinners brings you an entire month of easy, frugal & delicious recipes, along with meal plans and shopping lists! Best part, it’s only $1.99!
I make these all the time, because theyâre really easy and yummy. My teenager loves them! 🙂
I am using the leftover chicken from last weekâs whole roasted chicken that I froze, so that makes this recipe EXTRA frugal! 🙂
- 1 cooked chicken breast shredded finely
- 1 can refried beans
- Â½ an onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- Â½ cup sour cream + more for garnish
- Â½ salsa + more for garnish
- 10 tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 large can enchilada sauce (Aldi doesnât sell this, sad face)
- In a skillet with 1 TBS oil, quickly sautÃ© onions and garlic until translucent.
- Add to a large bowl.
- Mix in refried beans, chicken, sour cream, & salsa.
- Mix well.
- Spread a couple spoonfuls into each tortilla, then roll up, and place in 9×13 baking dish.
- Continue doing this with all the tortillas until pan is full. Squish them together tightly if needed.
- Once all your tortillas are filled and pan is full, slowly pour entire can of enchilada sauce over enchiladas, making sure every visible surface is covered with sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 30-45 minutes or until enchiladas are bubbly.
- (Or until your house smells really, REALLY goodâ¦thatâs how youâll know theyâre about done).:-)
- Serve with any toppings you like, but I like sour cream, salsa, and lettuce.