This recipe is from Iowa Girl Eats …because I’ve got to give props to a fellow IOWA GIRL! The only thing I changed is…I didn’t have Sesame Oil or Wok Oil…and I didn’t want to go buy any, because I’m being lazy. 🙂 So I used Olive Oil.
- 2 cups prepared rice
- 1 chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces and seasoned with salt & pepper (could use leftover cooked chicken)
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I used 1 TBS minced garlic in a jar instead)
- 1 egg
- 3 teaspoons sesame or wok oil, divided (I actually just used Olive Oil, shame on me)
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- Whisk egg with 1 teaspoon oil in a small dish then set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add seasoned chicken then stir fry until cooked through and remove to a plate. (If using pre-cooked chicken, skip this step.)
- Heat remaining teaspoon oil in the wok then add frozen mixed vegetables and green onions.
- Stir fry until tender, about 2 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 30 more seconds.
- Push vegetables to the side of the wok then add egg and sesame oil mixture into the center and scramble.
- Add cooked chicken, rice, and soy sauce to wok then toss well to combine.
Photo Courtesy Rakratchada Torsap freedigitalphotos.net