If you like my frugal recipes, you’ll LOVE my Ebook! 1 Month of Dirt Cheap Dinners brings you an entire month of easy, frugal & delicious recipes, along with meal plans and shopping lists! Best part, it’s only $1.99!
This is a recipe I came up with when my husband and I were low-carbing. We aren’t dieting right now, but I still make it, because we think it just tastes so good! 🙂 It’s even better with rice or bread. 🙂
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped in thin strips
- 1 Pkg fresh sliced mushrooms
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ red bell pepper sliced in strips
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1 small can Ro-Tel canned tomatoes (Aldi makes their own brand, use that!)
- 1 TBS Olive oil
- 2 TBS Apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Red pepper flakes
- In a large skillet or wok, add olive oil.
- Add onions, garlic, peppers & mushrooms.
- Sautee for 3 minutes.
- Add cabbage, vinegar, soy sauce, and red pepper flakes.
- Sautee 6 minutes, or until cooked but still crispy, stir thoroughly.
- Add the canned tomatoes. Stir.
- Serve hot, with rice or bread (if you don’t mind the carbs). 🙂