This is one of my all time favorite meals! It’s dirt-cheap, healthy and it makes a gigantic pot that you can eat all week or freeze for another meal (freezer meals, yay!!!!)
Best-Ever Beans & Rice
Author: Kelli Brink
Recipe type: Dinner
Cuisine: Southern Food
This meal makes a ton & sticks to your ribs! It's also dirt-cheap and SUPER healthy!
- Dried Beans (any kind)
- 1 Carton Chicken or Veggie Broth
- 1 Diced Onion
- Spices: Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Paprika, Pepper, Salt, and anything else you like.
- Rinse & sort beans.
- Add to large pot.
- Cover with broth.
- Add onion and spices.
- Bring to a boil; let boil for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer on medium low for 90 minutes or until beans are tender and ready to eat.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Serve beans over rice and enjoy!