I love flank steak! Not only because it’s delicious, but because it’s one of the more frugal cuts of meat. One big flank steak, when sliced and paired with a side dish, can easily feed a large family. I don’t buy a lot of beef these days because of the high price, but this is one recipe I definitely feel good about including in with my budget-friendly meals. And, you know it’s healthy, because it came from Medifast!
Be sure to check out 5 Frugal Bikini-Friendly Summer Recipes for even more healthy food ideas!
- 7 oz flank steak
- ¼ tsp whole peppercorns
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- ½ cup green bell peppers, chopped
- Mix the peppercorn, salt, mustard, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Rub evenly over steak.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick grill pan over medium heat.
- Grill steak five to seven minutes on each side, until steak is desired doneness.
- Grill mushrooms and green peppers until tender; serve alongside steak.
- Per serving: 360 calories | 17g fat | 5g carbohydrates | 44g protein