We absolutely love lentils in our family! It all started last year when my oldest decided to become Vegan (for like one whole month!) Lentils were an absolute staple during that time, and have remained a healthy favorite and meat alternative for us!
We use lentils in place of meat on sandwiches, salads, tacos, wraps, in soups, in stuffed green peppers, and so much more!
Lately we’ve been loving lentil tacos. To make these yummy Spicy Lentil Tacos, I prepare my usual lentils (below), and then I season with cumin, cayenne pepper, and garlic. Add to a tortilla, and then garnish with raw spinach, jalapenos, corn, salsa and Sriracha sauce. I hope you like things a little (or A LOT) spicy! 🙂
PS- THEY’RE VEGAN!! 🙂
- 1 bag dried lentils
- 1 carton vegetable broth (I love Rachael Ray’s)
- 1 cup water
- 1 small diced onion
- 4 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Wash lentils and add to large pot (no need to soak)
- Add veggie broth + water
- Add garlic, onion, and all seasonings
- Bring pot to a boil for 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.