Be sure to comment at the end for your chance to win a signed copy of “Generation Stressed: Play-Based Tools To Help Your Child Overcome Anxiety” by Michele Kambolis. It’s the perfect book for busy parents and teachers! (THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED)
Are you finding yourself stressed out with the morning routine, breakfast, daycare runs, summer sports, play dates, gymnastics….and the list goes on?! It can make your head spin. And you know what? Chances are if YOU’RE stressed out, your kids are feeling it tenfold. In fact, as Michele Kambolis points out in her new book, one in five children already has a diagnosable mental disorder, which constant exposure to stress can only make worse.
How do we put an end to this madness?
The short answer: PLAY!
Unlike Michele Kambolis, I’m not a therapist…far from it. I’m just a mom to 3 boys, trying my best everyday, just like you. This book is for normal parents like you and me, who don’t have the brain cells left at the end of a long day to read big words. 🙂 The author translates “Cognitive Behavioral Therapy” into fun play activities that REAL parents can easily implement in our own homes!
There were SO MANY fun play ideas in this book. However, since we focus heavily on food here, I’m including 15 healthy and fun snack ideas for kids, which is an excerpt from chapter 10 “Lifestyle As A Route To Mind-Body Health”. This chapter includes the importance of eating together as a family, and I cannot agree more with her sentiments. Eating dinner together is something we do each night, and that time is just priceless.
I hope you take the time out of your busy day to read Generation Stressed by Michele Kambolis. It will give you the tools you need to reduce the anxiety levels in your home…and who couldn’t use that? 🙂
Would you like to win it now?? 🙂
Please like our Facebook page, follow us on Twitter, and comment below for your chance to win a signed copy of this great book. Winner will be notified via email after August 3, 2015 (so be sure to include a valid email address with your comment, it will not be visible nor will it be shared)! Open only to residents of the contiguous U.S. (THIS CONTEST HAS ENDED)
15 HEALTHY SNACKS FOR KIDS
From Generation Stressed
(Make Them Together As A Family For Added Fun!)
1.Homemade antipasto platter. Cube cheese, roll up some meat slices, use cucumbers as chips, and dip in hummus.
2. Spread a banana with nut butter, roll in hemp seed hearts and cut into wheels.
3. Spread celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese. Top with raisins for ants on a log.
4. Stuff whole grain pita pockets with cheese, Granny Smith apples, and cinnamon.
5. Mix together ready-made cereal, dried fruits, goji berries, and nuts in a sandwich bag for a treat on-the-go.
6. Top unsweetened yogurt with homemade granola and blueberries.
7. Make snack kabobs. Put cubes of cheese and grapes on pretzel sticks.
8. Toast whole grain waffles and top with unsweetened yogurt and peach slices.
9. Spread peanut butter on apple slices.
10. Sprinkle grated Monterrey Jack cheese on corn tortillas. Put in microwave for 20 seconds. Top with salsa.
11. Toss dried cranberries and walnuts into instant oatmeal.
12. Spread a favorite nut spread and honey onto whole grain wraps. Layer a fruit roll up on top. Roll and cut into pieces.
13. Make kale chips by drizzling fresh kale with olive oil and baking at 300 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
14. spread mustard on whole wheat flour tortillas. Top with a turkey slice, cheese, lettuce and roll them up.
15. Make mini pizzas. Toast whole wheat English muffins, drizzle with pizza sauce, and sprinkle with cheese and veggies.