Between New Year’s resolutions and Spring getting ready to show it’s lovely face, a lot of us are starting to think about eating lighter, healthier, and getting our Winter selves in shape for Summer! I know I certainly am! Well, I’m here to help you (for a week, anyway) with a meal plan and shopping list that is sure to lighten your load, in more ways than one!
Below, you’ll find one light & healthy recipe from my FREE frugal weekly meal plan series! CLICK HERE to check out what other yummy and healthy items made this week’s list!
On the journey into healthier eating, I decided to mix it up a little bit with my freezer meals. While I love love LOVE all the casseroles and hearty meals I gravitate towards, I really needed to lighten things up a bit. It does not get any easier than this meal. I basically just dump everything into the pan and freeze! …after all, freezer meals are all about convenience, right? For us, I just season the dish liberally and lightly drizzle with olive oil. You, however, may want to add some butter or salt for taste. Either way, it’s a high-protein, low-carb, super-healthy meal that will help you shed pounds (or just keep them at bay) just in time for bikini season!
- Half a bag of medium size frozen shrimp
- 1 bag frozen or fresh green beans (canned will even work, but drain and rinse thoroughly to remove excess sodium)
- 1 large sweet potato, skin on, and cubed
- Small can Rotel tomatoes
- Seasonings, to taste: garlic powder, black pepper, minced onion, paprika
- Olive oil (or butter)
- Layer green beans in bottom of pan
- Add sweet potato cubes
- Drizzle with Rotel & olive oil
- Top with shrimp
- Season liberally to taste
- Add 3 teaspoons of water to pan
- Cover with foil and freeze for later, or cook at 350 degrees until sweet potato is tender.