Nothing beats the flavor and crunch of homemade coleslaw! This side dish is an All American classic you can enjoy this Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, or anytime!
Zesty Cole Slaw
Author: Kelli Brink
Nothing beats the flavor and crunch of homemade coleslaw!
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar or to taste
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage, about ½ of a large cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- Combine vinegar, sugar, Dijon, salt & pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Add cabbage and carrots, allow to marinate together 1 hour or longer in the refrigerator.
- May be kept for a week without loss of quality.
Recipe courtesy Paulding & Company.