This is a delicious, light & fresh recipe that is super easy on your wallet!
We use fresh-caught fish that we score on our fishing outings, but when we don’t have that, I like to use Tilapia. I know Tilapia gets a bad rap, but I really do feel it’s a healthy option. It’s low in Mercury, high in protein, and very budget-friendly.
- 4 Fish filets. I like Tilapia or any flakey white lake fish.
- 8 Tortillas
- Shredded Lettuce
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 can beer
- ¾ Cup Flour
- Lots of spices, about ½ tsp of each: cumin, chili powder, garlic (lots of garlic!), salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, onion powder.
- Mix well batter ingredients well.
- Thaw fish (if frozen) & dry on a papertowel.
- Dip in batter and fry in hot oil until fully cooked and golden brown.
- Set on papertowel to remove excess oil.
- Break fish up into bite sized pieces.
- Add to tortillas and top with desired fix ‘ins.