I’m doing a little bit of freezer cooking/prepping today, because our daily life has just been out of control lately. I’m having trouble getting anything on the table, let alone a home-cooked meal, so I absolutely have to prep ahead on weekends when Dr. B is home to help me with the munchkins. One thing I’m sure to make a few of when I do make ahead meals is Easy Crockpot Meatloaf.
Right now I’m making what I call the Easiest Meatloaf Ever. I literally just dump a bunch of ingredients in my KitchenAid mixer, let it mix everything up, throw it in a ziplock bag, and into the freezer it goes until I’m ready for it. The day I’m going to make it, I just set it in the crockpot, squirt on a little ketchup, and let it cook. How easy is that?
For a meatloaf, you can really add anything you want and the beauty of it is that there’s really no need to measure. But, here’s what I added to mine: (this recipe makes 2 loaves!) 🙂
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 c parm cheese
- 3/4 c shredded cheese
- 1/2 c chopped onions
- 3/4 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Tbs ketchup
- 1/2 packet (or entire packet)onion soup mix
- Throw it in the mixer and let it spin! Or dig in with your bare hands if you’d rather. Just mix up up reeeaaaal good!
- I take half the mixture and form it in a loaf pan, then take it out carefully without disturbing the shape, and place it in a ziplock bag.
- Write instructions and what it is on the outside of the bag with a sharpie.
- On the day that you’re going to serve it, just give your crockpot a quick spray of nonstick cooking spray, put the frozen loaf in the crockpot, put ketchup on top and let it cook on low about 4 hours or til done.
- I have added a layer of veggies, potatoes, or cream soup (or all of those things) first and then set the frozen meatloaf on top and it’s a great one-pot dish!
- It really doesn’t get any easier than this! Less than 10 minutes to prep and it cooks itself!
- Yum! 😉