Nothing beats the flavor and crunch of homemadeÂ coleslaw!Â This side dish is an All American classicÂ you can enjoy this Mother’s Day,Â Memorial Day, or anytime!
- 2 Tbs. cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs. sugar or to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 cups shredded green cabbage, about Â½ of a large cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated on the large holes of a cheese grater
- Combine vinegar, sugar, Dijon, salt & pepper.
- Stir in mayonnaise.
- Add cabbage and carrots, allow to marinate together 1 hour or longer in the refrigerator.
- May be kept for a week without loss of quality.
Recipe courtesy Paulding & Company.