This list of the 10 best fall foliage destinations on Airbnb is brought to you by my crazy love of all things Fall. It’s true… I have Pumpkin Spice Latte running through my veins. I see the world through Autumn-colored glasses. I have more Fall décor than any other holiday.
We are a professional website that reviews various products and recommends our favorites to our readers. We use affiliate links, which means that when you click on a link within our blog post, and make a purchase, we receive a small commission from the advertiser, at no cost to you. We are independently owned, and thoughts in our posts are our own. Thanks for your patronage!
It All Begins In August…
By the time school starts, my front porch is covered in faux Fall leaves and heirloom gourds. It’s my jam. And that’s why there’s NOTHING better than a cozy weekend getaway to take in the Fall foliage and the shades of the season. And there’s no better way to see the world than with Airbnb.
This blog post hits especially close to home for me because it showcases everything that gives me all the feels. So hold on tight, grab a cup of PSL and a cozy plaid blanket. Here I go.
I Love Airbnb!
First off, I cannot do a post about Airbnb travel without giving you my many thoughts and opinions about Airbnb. OH Lawdy, do I LOVE Airbnb! Not only is it my favorite way to travel, but it is also one of my favorite ways to pay off your mortgage. It is a win-win for both the traveler and the host.
In every state, in cities large and small, you can find quaint listings well within your price range. These Airbnb hosts do their best to provide a comfortable, home-like setting for their guests.
You Can Be Both an Airbnb HOST & an Airbnb Traveler…
Airbnb hosts can easily pay off their mortgage and their student loans by listing their extra space as a rental. Whether you are a an empty nester with bedrooms to spare, a young family with a finished basement, a single person with a guest house, a large family with an unused vacation home, or a real estate professional with an empty property, you can have fun and make money hosting guests on Airbnb.
As a traveler who uses Airbnb, I just love the feeling of having a home away from home. I travel frequently alone with my children, and I feel a level of comfort using Airbnb that I just can’t get from a sterile hotel room.
It’s Safe, Trust Me!
Some of my friends raise an eyebrow when I mention traveling alone with children using Airbnb, but I have never had any questionable experiences. I only stay in residences with verified government ID, additional verification, and numerous positive reviews. I also chat with my hosts prior to my trip to ensure all is on the up and up. I feel very confident with Airbnb’s vetting process and their customer service (both for hosts and for guests).
The Airbnb listings that I stay in are always decorated beautifully and artistically. I always choose listings that have a full kitchen for our large family to enjoy, and additional bedrooms for friends and family who may join us for festivities.
Why Do I Like Airbnb So Much?
What I like best is that I can bring along special foods that my picky eater will actually eat, and I can cook at home if I want to. I also love that we have options like a nice yard for the kids to play in, a fire pit to enjoy on a cool night, our own private pool, and multiple bathrooms.
Just Do It
If you’ve been thinking about trying Airbnb but you’re just not sure if it is for you, I can honestly tell you that you won’t regret it. If you have a love of travel, love meeting new people, and love the idea of a cozy home away from home, it’s for you! If you are new to Airbnb and want to try it, you can use my special link to get $40 off your first Airbnb travel experience… click here to sign up.
My favorite time of the year to travel is by far Fall! It is my favorite season, and I love chasing down the beautiful Fall colors in whatever area of the country they are showing the best.
Airbnb is my favorite place to stay when I want the extra comfort and coziness. Are you looking forward to traveling this Fall? Then you have to check out my Fall bucket list of the 10 best fall foliage destinations on Airbnb.
The 10 Best Fall Foliage Destinations on Airbnb
1. Surrounded by trees and the colors of Autumn, this North Shore cabin in Minnesota is the perfect fall getaway!
3. Galena, Illinois is one of the best places to be in October. Not only do they have an amazing Oktoberfest festival around the first weekend in October every year, but they also have gorgeous views of Fall colors, winery tours, amazing shopping, nationally-known restaurants, world-class golf resorts…I could go on and on. Don’t miss the wildly fun annual Halloween parade, ghost tours, and various haunted events!
4. Vermont. Leaves. Pumpkins. Fall. Need I say more? Well, ok then. How about a gorgeous, Nordic-inspired cabin, perfect for a romantic weekend for two? How about relaxing deep inside the woods in your own private sauna? I think you get the drift.
5. I’m a little biased towards Midwest beauty, but Wisconsin is one of the quintessential locales for soaking up the Fall leaves. The state is peppered with forests, lakes, and natural beauty, and Lake Pepin, which is located just off the Mississippi River, will captivate you.
6. For a touch of seasonal spookiness, swing by Salem, Massecusets, home of the Salem Witch Trials.
7. This haven nestled into the tree tops of the Smoky Mountains in Gatlinburg, Tennessee offers unsurpassed Fall foliage views and breathtaking scenery.
8. Nestled in the Catskills, this rustic farmhouse is close to breweries, shops, flea markets, and Woodstock. This gem in the woods offers amazing views and everything that the Hudson Valley has to offer.
9. This breathtaking Up North cabin is a paradise for the outdoor lover! It is surrounded by a chain of ten lakes, and it sleeps 10 people. Perfect for a large family gathering.
10. I would be remiss if I didn’t end this fabulous list with a lovely and rustic property in my very own home state of Iowa. If you haven’t been to Iowa, you’re missing out on one of the greenest and most lush states in the country. It’s a fertile land that is busting with rural beauty, and at the same time, we’ve got busy cities and fine dining always within reach. The Fall turns green landscapes to firey shades of orange, red, golden, and copper. For the lovliest Fall foliage, visit us in early to mid-October.
These amazing abodes are what Fall is all about! Don’t forget to pack your camera, your travel mug, a great bottle of hearty red wine, your favorite boots and a chunky sweater.
Do you love Fall? What are the best Fall colors you’ve ever seen? Let us know below in the comments!
One More Thing…
A lot of people ask me how I’m able to do the things I do, like travel with my family, volunteer at my kids’ school so much, and make my own schedule. The answer is that I can do these things, and more, by being my own boss and working from home.
Besides being a wife and mama, I am a blogger, writer, and cookbook author. My main source of income is my websites, and affiliate marketing. If you’re curious about how I’m able to live this lifestyle, Please check out a few of my other blog posts:
- Make Money Online Selling Ebooks
- Make Money Online as A Virtual Assistant
- Is Affiliate Marketing A Scam?
To make it simple, my main source of income is through affiliate marketing, and through Wealthy Affiliate. I highly recommend the Wealthy Affiliate program for anyone who wants to work from home and become an online entrepreneur. I won’t get into all the details here, but feel free to click the link below for more info!